In the previous article about digital content and information theft I explained that theft sometimes could actually be beneficial for your business(surprise!).
But for more often that not when your main product or service got stolen it means immediate loss of sales, revenues and increased business risk and costs for your online enterprise.
I also briefly highlited possible ways these issues are addressed today. In most cases any anti-theft measures brings more complications than solutions.
Often hundreds and thousands of legitimate users and customers suffer just because you need to protect yourself against one or two crooks.
In this article I briefly introduce you to the ways MemberWing helps you to deal with online theft without harm to yourself, your customers and your
digital business environment.
Your digital property could be stolen in two main ways:
- By using direct links to downloadable materials.
- By cheating members who download and illegally share your materials with others.
MemberWing 4 included new features that were designed to address above concerns:
- Digital Content Protection (DCP).
DCP creates a special protected “premium” directory on your hosting space where you upload your premium materials. Each uploaded file will have his own unique URL (WEB address) and you may freely give this URL to your paying members.
Non member and free visitor will not be able to access your premium content even knowing direct downloadable links to these materials.
Plain and simple. MemberWing automates this protection for you.
Additionally to that MemberWing allows you to substitute your premium downloadables with special “promotion” versions in case when non member or visitor tries to access it. Great chance for extra promotion to deliver to this valuable interested visitor. Instead of serving 404 or “access denied” error – your visitor will access something that hopefully will ignite his interest to become a paying member.
Benefits of MemberWing Digital Content Protection:
- Complete protection of your downloadable and other materials against link sharing.
- No extra software to install
- Non intrusive and transparent for both – members and non-members.
- Improves SEO (Search Engine Optimization) of your website, reduces bounced visits and greatly improves visitor engagement ratios.
- TraceFusion – Digital content theft detection, tracing and prevention system.
TraceFusion’s purpose is to help you uncover the exact individual who is illegally leaking and sharing your content.
That is without forcing legitimate users into any sort of extra licensing, server and password restrictions and paranoidal security hassles.
TraceFusion is an automatic feature.
Every piece of premium content that leaves your site is automatically and digitally “watermarked” with an identity of a person who downloads or accesses it. If later on you found your files on a free sharing sites or torrent sites – you will be able to track down offending member who did it.
Just go to http://www.TraceFusion.com, enter direct URL of the copy of your premium file and TraceFusion technology will be able to give you detailed information about the cheating customer or premium member who illegally leaked your content.
Get hold of the copy of your premium file and find immediately about the source who illegally shared your premium content.
This is information that becomes available to you:
- Who (first name, last name, username)
- When (date and time when material was downloaded with 1 second precision)
- From where (IP address and browser software used)
All above information is encoded into unique encrypted digital signature attached to your premium content. You can decode this signature at TraceFusion portal.
Please note that it is possible that digital product sharing was unintentional as sometimes your customer’s computers are being shared between multiple people. So be prudent and careful in your judgements.
TraceFusion gives you extra powers and knowledge. Use it wisely.
Benefits of TraceFusion technology:
- Make more money: TraceFusion allows you to discover and close the sources of your premium content theft and avoid further revenue loss and damages to your online business.
- TraceFusion prevents content theft – it acts like a CCTV security camera.
Openly disclosing to your users that TraceFusion technology is used on your membership site to legally protect content acts as a repellent for crooks and digital thiefs.
Above content protection features does not impose any restrictions or force legitimate users to jump through the hoops to use your content.
No passwords to enter, no licenses to configure, no single machine restrictions, no IP address limitations.
Everything is integrated, automatic and turned on with MemberWing membership site plugin by default.